Saturday, November 19, 2011

French Onion Soup Bowl in use.. but I prefer Veggie Soup



This is one of my French Onion Soup Bowls that didn't make the cut, that's why it's mine.  But if you're interested in buying one that did make the cut, I have them listed in my Etsy shop. 

My little Momma is 87 years old and has been a vegan for most of my life.  She raised us to be strict vegetarians.  No we didn't live on veggies alone (everyone always asked me that).  We ate all kinds of wonderful healthy foods.  But anyways..  fresh veggie soup is my favorite comfort food in the world! 

Here is one of my favorite quick veggie soups

Get fresh organics if you can.
Chop veggies into big pieces. Boil potatoes, carrots, garlic, onion and bullion until a little past half done, then add everything else. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes and serve :) Green veggies should still have a tiny firmness to them. No mushy veggies Please!


6 red potatoes
8 small carrots
1 bell pepper
2 small zucchini
1 bunch of Broccoli
1/2 yellow onion
6 cloves of garlic
12 cups good water
10 blocks of Knorr Veggie Bullion or to taste

:)

1 comment:

  1. Yum, my daughter has been a vegetarian all of her life, I come and go with it, but we mostly eat vegetables around here. Beautiful bowl, I love that color!

    ReplyDelete