Friday, July 6, 2012

Celtic Goblets - BRAVE Movie


My Daughter Bobbi and I have been looking forward to Disney's "Brave" movie for weeks.   We finally went to see it and it was great!   I made these goblets with the "Brave" movie in mind.  One of these goblets now belongs to Bobbi.


I have a love for the Celtic style.  I think it's in my blood.  My Great Grandfather was a glass artist from Ireland.  My Great Grandma was a firey redhead from Glasgow Scotland.  I'm pretty sure they would have loved these goblets too.


I'm not a big fan of the hollow base chalice style goblet, mostly because when I make them, they end up looking like the leaning tower of pisa. 

If you happen to fall in love with these Celtic Goblets and need to have one of your own..  you can find them for purchase in my Etsy shop.

 ©Copyright Cindy Gilliland

3 comments:

  1. I make goblets with taller stems but still keep them somewhat low, I've knocked over enough wine glasses in my day. These are really great looking and seem like they would be perfect for wine or tea or so many other things. I love the celtic stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori, Thanks so much :) I really love how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, love the colours and the little knotworks are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete