Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunflower Appetizer Platter Tray - Bringing Pottery Ideas to Fruition

It came together just like I hoped :)
14" slab platter made from Hawaiian Red Clay.

The dipping bowl is wheel thrown.  I stamped the inside with a corn cob to resemble the center of a sunflower.   The leaf snack plates compliment the platter perfectly.
  

I'm happy with the results.  It was a fun exercise. 
UPDATE: 
Finished Platter glazed in Textured Turquoise

All designs, photos and content herein are owned by and ©Copyright Cindy Gilliland 2011.

6 comments:

  1. VERY cool design! Love it! You'll have a lot of fun with this one~ how unique!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of red clay. Very nice platter though, love the design. I am also loving those kid's dishes in the last post. You should send some photos to Pottery Barn Kids, I could just see those in their catalog!!!! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was I surprised to see your platter, I have something similar in my drying cabinet, part of my flower power series, of course I love this sunflower, can't wait to see this glazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me a lot of your green patina flower bowl, are you going to glaze it the same way or are you going to go a little wild with this one? I love the detached leaf plates! Perfect for little garnishes on the side! I want this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cool indeed, Cindy!..the design is terrific and the red clay is just so rich.
    Looking forward to seeing it glazed..T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be AMAZING, I can't wait to see how it's glazed!!!

    ReplyDelete