Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kyusu Teapot

Teapot Tuesday - Kyusu   4-15-14

Kyusu Teapot and Tea Bowls
by DirtKicker Pottery

I'm sure I wrote about it before, but I am jinxed when it comes to making teapots.  Goofy things happen every time I make a teapot.  Most of them end up on my seconds shelf. 

Since it's "Teapot Tuesday" (Thanks Gary Rith) I'm sharing the Kyusu I made yesterday.  Yep, I got brave and said forget the jinx, I love making teapots.  

It's been a while, so I'm kind of rusty.  The spout is a little long and low for a kyusu, but it's still a cutie.

Right after I finished the inlay illustration, I dropped the lid.  Ughhh!  Jinx!  It only dropped a few inches, but that was enough to make it completely out of balance.    So I made another lid and now I'm moving on to making a couple more teapots. 

Happy clay day :)

2 comments:

  1. goldarnit, your work, including this teapot = GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mishima!
    I, too, have difficulty with teapots. Fitting the lids still gives me trouble, but I'm sort of a beginner in the teapot department. Another 500 and I might be better!

    ReplyDelete