Saturday, October 11, 2014

Loving Fall

I love most everything about Fall.  The colors, the crisp cool mornings and warm afternoons, the beautiful squash and veggies.

I bought a couple organic squash.  A butternut squash and a spaghetti squash.   
I roasted the butternut this morning and it turned out so good.   Here's how simple I make it.
Preheat oven to 400° F.  Wash, carefully slice the squash in half and remove seeds.


On each half, top with 1/2 table spoon of butter, 1 table spoon of Kahlua,  1 teaspoon brown sugar, pinch of salt and lots of black pepper.

Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender

Butternut squash is naturally sweet, so you really don't even need to add the brown sugar if you don't want to.   It can be blended into a lovely soup or cubed as a side dish.   For me, just give me a plate and a spoon and I'm in squash heaven.

Since this is a pottery blog, I must add some pottery.  Here are my latest Fall lovelies fresh from the kiln.


Side Handle Soup Bowls
by DirtKicker Pottery

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Fall weekend!