Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bowls for St. Jude's and Studio Tips

My next kiln opening will include several bowls from my "Praise Him" series.   100% of the sell proceeds are donated to help the kids at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  


"Believe" Inspirational Bowl


"Praise Him" 

* A couple little studio tips *


Last year I started taking photos of my fresh pots with detail notes.  I keep the photos in my studio binder.   Very helpful for consistency in size and form.   

A great way to de-warp bats.   A weekend squished between a concrete floor and a Shimpo banding wheel.  Works best if you lightly sponge the surface first.

Hope you all have a great clay day!

All designs, photos and content herein are owned by and ©copyright Cindy Gilliland.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see these babies hit Etsy! I love your praise Him series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the shimpo banding wheel as a weight! I have a couple of warped bats that I am going to do that to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are really warped, lightly sponge the surface first.

      Delete
  3. I have some Wonder Bats, you know, the kind that do not warp, except they warped. I moistened them and put them under a box of clay for a few days, I didn’t help much. I like these bats better since you can de-warp them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few WonderBats. Mine warped too. They are very thick, so it's difficult to de-warp them. Needless to say, I wasn't a return customer.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pots, you are an incredible artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy making pottery and I think my joy shines through in the work.

      Delete