Wednesday, February 4, 2015

First Glaze Firing in New L&L Kiln - Pottery Studio Tip - Modeling Stick / Ruler


Test Firing new kiln

First glaze firing is done.  My 9 hour firing schedule finished in 8 hours 35 minutes.  The moment of truth will be Thursday morning.  


I realize now that this kiln is much bigger than what I really wanted.   Probably should have purchased a Liberty Belle.


Studio Tip:
This tool is next to my wheel everytime I throw.  I use it to under-cut fresh pots and to check height and width.

Just take a simple wood modeling stick, measure out each inch and label with a Sharpie.   


Ruled modeling stick

All designs, photos and content are owned by and ©copyright Cindy Gilliland

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the idea of using a tool for multiple purposes. Makes clean up easier and less things for me to remember while setting up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! I am definitely going to use your tip.
    Can't wait to see the results of your firing. I hope the kiln gods are good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the results of your firing. I'm considering buying a kiln like this. Love reading about your process. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete