Monday, December 14, 2015

Hand-Held Citrus Juicers - Wheel Thrown Citrus Reamer


I've been using a wooden citrus reamer for many years, so of course the thought of making one from clay has been in the back of my mind. These cuties are what I came up with.   I love designing new things to make. 
Besides being extra cute, they work awesome.  The first twist loosens the seeds for removal.  Then squeeze the cirtus onto the reamer and twist away for lots of juice and pulp.  
Making the reamer involves both wheel throwing and attaching sections.  A bit time consuming, but the results are a convenient and adorable kitchen tool.
These juicers stand on the handle end and would look sweet in any kitchen.
Check out my DirtKicker Pottery Etsy Shop for pottery that will catch your eye and capture your heart.

All photos, content and designs herein are owned by and copyright ©Cindy Gilliland 2015.