Saturday, July 2, 2016

words on pottery

Faith Hope Love Mug

Summer has been a productive time in the studio.  Lots of flowers and ladybugs for inspiration. 
Stamped letters
Believe Mug

I like inscribing words on some of my pots.  Inspiring or positive words. I use letter stamps, but sometimes the feeling is best conveyed if the word is handwritten. 
Handwriting on pottery

Anyone who has tried it, knows that handwriting on clay can be a little tricky.  I find that medium leather hard clay works best for handwriting.  Try not to over-think placement, size etc.  Just let the word flow spontaneously and natural.

Faith Mug

Give it a try.  It's fun!

Peace & Love to all.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautifully written piece! Your feelings come through in your art. I feel blessed to have found you! :) Thank you for sharing!
    Many blessings to you! Christine G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stress to much over placement! You are right, better to just go for it with no hesitation. Those mugs and cups are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete